Growing up I was taught it is better to give than to receive. Taught to work hard, earn my keep. For me maybe my upbringing was extreme to some, however, in many circles it is normal. I was expected to GIVE all of me, my time, my love, my trust, my money and continue to work for the exact things I was expected to earn. Honestly, I had to earn love – by doing as I was told, then MAYBE I would GIVE enough to earn the attention and love I needed to survive. Often times I would WORK doing chores in order to get paid an allowance only to be asked for the allowance back again for the good of the family (aka gas money cause my dad drank it away.)
In church, I was taught that giving was better than receiving. To tithe first and put me last. I was taught that suffering was an honorable thing, therefore abuse was something to simply take and therefore I gave until I could not any longer. Then the GUILT and SHAME that follows my inability to GIVE more built up for years. To the point that when my friends and ex-husband or lovers would give me the gift I would fill with shame and even if I took their gift, I did not receive it leaving us both empty. Then I could not earn a living no matter what I did, how hard I worked, how much I gave or studied or prayed, nothing. The world stopped giving to me, not because it wanted too, but because I refused to receive.
On the rare occasions, I did receive I would quickly turn it around and give it away. Even in prayer. I would have a great session with the God of my own understanding and quickly take whatever was given to me and give it away to another. unable to let any goodness from Spirit or from earth nourish me. I was alone, sick and sorrowful. Until I began learning how to receive.
THE MOST GIVING PEOPLE I KNOW ARE POOR – poor in energy, in money. Always, praying for just enough to GIVE. Some have even GIVEN their life. Many are sick physically, drained mentally and emotionally bankrupt, and so is their bank accounts.
What do you have to GIVE if you do not allow yourself to RECEIVE? The belief and dis-ease of a judgment, a belief that we must give to be good. When in fact- ONLY giving leaves many empty and questioning their worth. You are here to live in balance, to give and to freely and joyously receive what your brothers and sisters are freely giving. We are to give from what we have, and have from what we receive.
I often turn to a great book “the Bible” for insight on how to live. It says in 1 Timothy 6:17-18:
“Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.”
RECEIVE ALL YOU NEED – ALL YOU WANT to live YOU most enjoyable life. I believe God has written your divine code of enjoyment on your heart – through your desires, you will know it.
UNBLOCKING your heart for RECEIVING the joys of the world.
First, know the signs for being BLOCKED in the act of giving on empty.
• The judgment of self and others = sadness and wishing you could afford things that seem to be out of your reach.
• Addiction to the feeling of martyrism – dying internally unable to have what you desire in your heart – be it love, time or supply.
• FEAR – this also can show up as shame. An embarrassment when people give you things. Complements brushed off, the receiving of award’s excused away, and money given or found – even earned – turned away. After which many times, people complain they need money, need a miracle.
• UNDESERVING – you never can give, work, do enough in order to believe you deserve whatever payment you desire.
• Working and working and nothing happening. No one there to receive.
• LACK – of money, time, space, things.
• Inability to reach your goals – everything is a dream that seems impossible. SOMEDAY….
• I WANT TO GIVE – but I can’t. This includes paying for dinners, coffee, buying gifts, vacations, giving to charity etc.
• Feeling GUILTY when you pamper yourself, buy yourself something or invest in a course or event that YOU want to do. You can buy what you NEED but not what you WANT to feel called too.
If this sounds like you then the next self-mastery class we are holding at Your Own University once you register you can access the class at anytime – but if you register TODAY you can come to the class LIVE – BREAKING Judgment – the #1 sign that this abundance blocker is TAKING and NOT GIVING in your life.
Recieve this gift from yourself. I will give you all I can to help you be free from this and be able to give with even more joy and receive the abundance and supply that is stored up just for you. There is plenty.